College of Horticulture, Parbhani was started in the year 1984 as a degree programme B.Sc. (Horticulture) under the administrative control of Associate Dean and Principal, College of Agriculture, VNMKV, Parbhani for the students who have passed XIIth Std. (10+2) (Science), with the intake capacity of 16 students, as per the Govt. Resolution No.AGU 1987/CR-188/20A, dated 18 January 1989 from Maharashtra State (Agricultural & Cooperative Department) in the College of Agriculture, Parbhani. From the year 1996 student intake capacity was increased from 16 to 32 students. From the year 2010 the intake capacity of the students is increased to 37+ ICAR nominees.From the year 2022 the intake capacity of the students is increased to 60+ ICAR nominees
- To educate graduates in the field of horticulture so as to prepare them for careers in the horticulture science in which they will become leaders in industry and the profession.
- To upgrade the laboratories and infrastructure facilities for providing quality education.
- To conduct need based quality research by applying horticulture principles to solve problems of horticulture and agricultural system and also making sincere efforts to transfer the technologies for empowerment of students and farmers.
- To meet the needs of farmers, industry, R and D organization and educational institutions.
- To develop capabilities to face the challenge and emphasis on making education more holistic and effective by creditization of all axes of learning such as academics, vocational skills and experiential learning.
- Continuing education to impart for horticulture on socio-economic systems in the light of global technology changes.